Teaching Internship Programme - June 2023
CTSN SCITT, in collaboration with its partnership schools, will be running a three-week internship programme in June 2023.
This Department for Education Get into Teaching funded scheme offers undergraduates interested in teaching chemistry, computing, modern foreign languages, maths or physics the opportunity to gain invaluable school experience.
A teaching internship gives you the opportunity to spend three weeks in a school and find out what teaching is really like. You’ll experience being in a classroom, gain new skills, and be paid £300 per week.
Interns will receive a £300/week bursary for the three-week programme, totalling £900.
To take part, you’ll need to be studying for a degree related to the subject you want to teach.
In addition to the generous bursary, participants’ opportunities will include:
- Discovering the power of teaching to improve the life chances of students
- Obtaining practical experience in the classroom
- Being involved in the whole school experience
- Experiencing outstanding teacher training
- Developing skills for their CV
- Receiving guidance and support with a teacher training application
Undergraduates may be eligible for a paid teaching internship if they are:
- In any year of a related undergraduate degree e.g. computer science, engineering, French, German, Spanish, maths, chemistry or physics.
- Interested in teaching secondary chemistry, computing, modern foreign languages, maths or physics.
Further information and details of how to apply can be found on the CTSN SCITT website: https://ctsnscitt.info/stem-internships/
If you have questions about the internship programme, contact Jane Catley at firstname.lastname@example.org