STEM Internship Programme - June 2022
STEM Internship Programme – June 2022
CTSN SCITT, in collaboration with its partnership schools, will be running a three-week internship programme during June. This Department for Education Get into Teaching funded scheme offers STEM undergraduates, interested in teaching computing, maths or physics, the opportunity to gain invaluable school experience.
Interns will receive a £300/week bursary for the three-week programme, totalling £900.
In addition to the generous bursary, participants’ opportunities will include:
- Discovering the power of teaching to improve the life chances of students
- Obtaining practical experience in the classroom
- Being involved in the whole school experience
- Experiencing outstanding teacher training
- Developing skills for their CV
- Receiving guidance and support with a teacher training application
- Earning a guaranteed ITT interview with CTSN SCITT
Undergraduates may be eligible for a paid teaching internship if they are:
- in any year of a STEM undergraduate degree eg computer science, physics, engineering or maths
- interested in teaching secondary computing, maths or physics