Student Support Officer
This is a permanent post, term time only. Hours are 37 per week,
Salary point 9 - 14 (£20,903 - £23,080) pro rata actual salary £19,840
This is an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic and adaptable person to play a vital role in a dedicated team. The successful candidate will need to be able to work collaboratively and flexibly within our team and build good working relationships with both students and adults.
Key daily tasks within this role include:
- working initially with the Year 7 Year Achievement Coordinator (YAC) to support student achievement, attendance, personal development and behaviour
- liaising with students, staff and parents to investigate and resolve pastoral, academic or personal issues
- delivering cover lessons across all year groups when required
We want the successful candidate to be:
- proactive and positive with a clear capacity and desire to work well with very established systems and processes,
- independent and demonstrate initiative as required,
- able to work to deadlines,
- wish to provide confidential, efficient and effective administration support for the school.
As a member of this team, you will have a professional but friendly and approachable manner, able to handle sensitive queries positively and confidentially.
The school has a team of Year Achievement Co-ordinators and Student Support Officers and benefits from full-time support from a counsellor and nurse.
The closing date for applications is the 10th May
Interviews will take place on Monday 17th May.