Teacher of Maths
Support for Early Careers Teachers: Saffron Walden County High School is an early adopter of the Early Career Framework. We are also an accredited Awarding Body for Early Career Teachers. We are therefore able to provide the best quality mentoring, coaching and CPD in your first few years of teaching.What you can expect from us:
- A supportive school that has staff well-being at its core
- CPD opportunities through our Trust and our status as a National Teaching School
- Coaching and mentoring opportunities open to all
- Students keen to learn and participate in lessons
- Opportunities to get involved in Educational Research projects
- Professional development programmes helping you aspire to leadership
- Cross-curricular collaboration and a rich extra-curricular programme
- Support for Masters qualifications
- A comprehensive NQT programme with reduced timetable and timetabled mentor sessions
Teachers in our school have
- Excellent subject knowledge (a relevant degree/qualification)
- A passion for teaching
- A commitment to securing strong progress and raising achievement of all students
- High standards and expectations
We welcome applications from those interested in full time or part-time work. Both experienced and recently qualified teachers are welcome to apply.
A recruitment package, including some financial assistance, is available. We operate a childcare voucher scheme, bike to work scheme and there is an early years nursery on site.
What our colleagues said in the last staff survey:
"Induction for new staff was useful and supportive."
"I feel staff wellbeing is given a high priority here and staff benefit from it."
"I am proud to be part of a school where every teacher matters and every student is cared about. I really value how much I am invested in and known personally by the senior leadership team, and the efforts the school puts in to ensuring its staff are happy and developing professionally."
"I believe this school has helped me grow as a teacher, in my teaching abilities, academic understanding and leadership skills. Having worked elsewhere, I know that this is rare and it has made me feel like this school is a great place to develop my career."
"I have really appreciated all the opportunities there are at SWCHS for staff. I have benefited from and enjoyed the chance to participate in leadership programmes, CPD and trips."
Closing date: 9am on Monday 25th January 2021
Interviews will take place week commencing 1st February 2021