Teacher of Science
Our happy and successful school is looking to appoint a dedicated and enthusiastic teacher of Science to join our thriving and collaborative department.
What you can expect from us:
- A very supportive school that has staff well-being at its core
- Motivated students and a dedicated staff team
- A comprehensive programme for Early Careers Teachers (see below)
- Extensive CPD opportunities thanks to our status as a National Teaching School Hub
- Coaching and mentoring opportunities open to all
- Well-behaved students keen to learn and participate in lessons
- Opportunities to get involved in exciting educational research projects
- Professional development programmes helping you aspire to leadership
- Cross-curricular collaboration and a rich extra-curricular programme
- Support for Masters qualifications and National Professional Qualifications
The ideal candidate will:
- Have the capacity to teach Science across all age ranges (including KS4/5 if applicable)
- Have excellent subject knowledge and the ability to deliver an engaging curriculum
- Demonstrate enthusiasm, energy and passion for their subject
- Have a commitment to securing strong progress for all students
- Be willing to work as part of a very successful, supportive and friendly team
We welcome applications from those interested in full time or part-time work. Both experienced and recently qualified teachers are very welcome to apply.
We operate a Bike to Work scheme and there is an early years nursery on our site.
Support for Early Careers Teachers: Saffron Walden County High School was an early adopter of the Early Career Framework. We are also an accredited Appropriate Body for Early Career Teachers. We are therefore extremely well placed to be able to provide the best quality mentoring, coaching and CPD in your first few years of teaching.
What our colleagues said in our recent staff survey:
"Induction for new staff was useful and supportive."
"I feel staff wellbeing is given a high priority here and staff benefit from it."
"I am proud to be part of a school where every teacher matters and every student is cared about. I really value how much I am invested in and known personally by the senior leadership team, and the efforts the school puts in to ensuring its staff are happy and developing professionally."
"I believe this school has helped me grow as a teacher, in my teaching abilities, academic understanding and leadership skills. Having worked elsewhere, I know that this is rare and it has made me feel like this school is a great place to develop my career."
"I have really appreciated all the opportunities there are at SWCHS for staff. I have benefited from and enjoyed the chance to participate in leadership programmes, CPD and trips."
Closing date: 9am on Monday 21st November 2022
Interviews will take place in the week beginning 28th November 2022