Our aim is to make mathematics an enjoyable, exciting and empowering experience for all pupils. We want all students to improve their thinking skills by developing their mathematical abilities. We further aim to:
- build on their experiences at primary school level and enable them to leave as confidently numerate individuals capable of working logically within difficult and abstract concepts.
- promote high quality teaching and learning, resulting in high expectations and the production of excellent examination results.
- foster pupils' perseverance and resourcefulness in solving problems, and to develop their ability to think logically yet creatively.
- develop a positive, “can do” approach to mathematics and problems in general.
Here is a list of great websites that you will find very useful when doing homework/revising.
Key Stage 3 and 4
Hegartymaths (please ask your teacher for your personal login and password)
My Maths (please ask your teacher for a login and password)
Mathsbox (please ask your teacher for a login and password)
Mr Carter Maths (please ask your teacher for a login and password)
Corbett Maths (no login/password required)
Desmos (no login/password required)
Mr Barton Maths (no login/password required)
Maths Workout (please ask your teacher for a login and password)
Key Stage 5
Physics And Maths Tutor (no login/password required)
Underground Maths (no login/password required)
Integral Maths (please ask your teacher for a login and password)
If you wish to purchase mathematics equipment (geometry sets, calculators etc), please follow the link here.
- Mr N Chamberlain (Director of Mathematics)
- Miss E Routledge (Deputy Director of Mathematics, Intervention Coordinator)
- Mr J Dunning (Deputy Director, KS3 Coordinator)
- Mrs H Curtis (Assistant Director of Mathematics with responsibility for KS4 curriculum and resits)
- Mr T Cox (KS5 Coordinator)
- Mrs J Smith (Numeracy Coordinator)
- Mrs S Gardner (Admin Coordinator)
- Ms R Colenso
- Ms S Halls-Barker
- Miss C Meichen
- Mrs N McAuley
- Miss S Papadatou
- Mrs E Rymill
- Miss C Shearer
- Miss S Tan
- Mrs A Thacker
- Mr M Toogood
- Mrs J Watts